Part of the Saint Gregory Catholic Church in Zelienople, Saint Gregory School provides a quality, Catholic education from full day Kindergarten through eighth grade. The student body is made up of children from Butler County and four surrounding counties, including Allegheny County.
Besides Saint Gregory, students from eleven Catholic parishes around the area attend the school. The school also has members from non-Catholic churches. Transportation is provided by eleven surrounding school districts.
The school was established in January of 1911 and today it is led by Rev. Lawrence Smith. The principal is Mrs. Erin Harris. The staff is made up of fifteen full time teachers, four aides, two full-time secretaries, a librarian, a lunch room manager, a day care supervisor and numerous volunteers.
Students wear a uniform which can be reviewed on the school's website.
- Fax: 724-452-4064
- Hours: Student hours: Mon - Fri, 8:45am - 3:10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Founding Date: 1911
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: All teachers are required to hold state certification in elementary education and diocesan accreditation, which is needed to teach in a Catholic school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 15 full time teachers
- What makes this community special?: St. Gregory School has a wonderful, family like atmosphere. There is a great connection between the different age groups and everyone feels very much at home here. Our graduates do very well when they transition to High School.