Seneca Valley has issued its first weather delay of the season.
The district will operate on a two-hour delay Wednesday because of the inclement weather.
When Seneca Valley calls a two-hour delay, the kindergarten schedule is as follows:
- CVE/Haine/Rowan/Evans City AM Kindergarten: Arrival - 10:40 a.m.; Dismissal - 12:35 p.m.
- CVE/Haine/Rowan PM Kindergarten: PM Arrival - 1:20 p.m.; PM Dismissal - 3:15 p.m.
- Evans City PM K Arrival is 1:15 p.m.; PM K Dismissal is 3:15 p.m.
Cranberry’s Center for Early Education also will run on a modified schedule.
Morning preschool will meet from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Afternoon preschool will meet from 1:30 to 3 p.m. All other programs will run as scheduled.
As for today’s weather forecast, a winter weather advisory is in effect until 10 a.m.
Although a layer of snow coated the ground overnight, the National Weather Service shows the participation moving out of the area.
Here is Wednesday’s forecast:
- Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning.
- Tonight: Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. Southwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Do you know of any other delays or cancellations in the area? Leave them in the comment section below.
Check out some of today's other top stories here .