July is a month full of picnics, fun and sun, but emergencies can strike at any given moment. The American Red Cross believes that preparedness can be the most important tool to aid situations in which the lives of those around you are endangered. Being equipped with the proper skills and training for particular emergencies could potentially save a life.
The American Red Cross encourages Butler County residents to join the more than five million people who have already learned how to save a life by enrolling in an American Red Cross training class. Gain the vital skills, techniques and knowledge to combat real-life emergency situations.
The following classes will be offered in Butler this month. The courses will be held at the Red Cross office, located at 312 Mercer Street in Butler.
- Monday, July 2; 6 to 9:30 p.m. AND Tuesday, July 3; 6 to 9:30 p.m.; Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED; $110
- Monday, July 2; 6 to 9:30 p.m.; Adult CPR/AED; $70
- Saturday, July 7; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Babysitter’s Training; $85
- Tuesday, July 10; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers; $110
- Thursday, July 12; 6 to 9 p.m.; Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED Review; $70
- Thursday, July 19; 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Adult CPR/AED $70
- Thursday, July 19; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED; $11
To register for a nearby class, individuals in Butler County and across the country can simply call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visitRedCross.org, where residents can search for nearby classes using their zip code.