A small amount of smoke caused about 1,300 people to briefly vacate a building on the Westinghouse campus in Cranberry Tuesday afternoon.
Vaughn Gilbert, director of communications for Westinghouse, said smoke from a data closet where computers are stored caused the alarms in Building One to go off around 2 p.m.
Mark Nanna, fire company administrator, said the smoke was barely perceptible when firefighters entered the facility. Gilbert said there was no damage to the building.
After firefighters discovered no problems with the building, employees were allowed to return to work around 2:30 p.m.
“We wanted to make sure there were no issues,” Gilbert said.
The Marshall and Adams Area fire departments and Cranberry EMS also responded to the scene.