Fire crews were called to the Verizon Wireless call center in the Cranberry Woods Business Park off Route 228 early Wednesday morning after smoke filled the building.
Cranberry Fire Chief Brian Kovac said a malfunctioning HVAC unit on the roof of the building caused moderate smoke on the first floor of the building and a light smoke on the building’s second floor at about 1:30 a.m.
There was no smoke or fire damage to the business, he said.
The volunteers shut down the power to the unit before departing Verizon at about 3:30 a.m. The company’s maintenance department is now handling the issue, Kovac said.
Firefighters from Marshall, Adams Area and Harmony assisted Cranberry at the scene.