Fire severely damaged a home on Wood Hollow Drive in Cranberry around midnight Sunday.
Chief Brian Kovac said the fire started in the chimney of the split-entry home and spread through the attic. When firefighters arrived on the scene, there was heavy smoke pouring from the roof, he said.
Firefighters had the flames knocked out in about 15 minutes, the chief said.
Neighbor John Cox, who lives two houses from the damaged home on the 800 block of Wood Hollow Drive, said Matt and Julie Jones share the house with their two children. All escaped safely.
“There were flames shooting from it,” Cox said of the building.
Kovac said the fire did not appear suspicious. He did not have an estimate on the damage to the home, but said it was not habitable.