Your hair always needs to be pampered year round, but especially in the summer! Below I have listed a few ways you can maintain your summer tresses.
- Visit your stylist every 6-8 weeks to trim damaged hair ends.
- Always use a professional shampoo and conditioner, but through the summer months try using a more intense deep conditioner three times per week.
- Use a hat or sun-protected products for your hair if you are going to be outside for long periods of time.
- Avoid shampooing your hair every day during the summer. It deprives the hair of natural oils needed that protect the hair.
- Chlorine can cause extreme dryness to your hair. Use a leave-in conditioner prior to swimming to protect the integrity of your hair. After swimming, be sure to use a clarifying shampoo to eliminate any remaining residue.
- Limit the use of hot tools (curling and flat irons) after exposing your hair to the summer elements for long periods of time.
Taking time to protect your hair during the summer is easy and does not take much time.
Harmony Salon offers Mothers Milc and Pureology clarifying shampoos, which do a great job of eliminating chorine after your visit to the pool. For those who need extra help, we provide deep conditioning treatments for sun-damaged hair.
Stop in and ask one of our experienced stylists how to keep your hair looking good throughout the summer.