Cranberry area residents had a chance to meet their local artists Friday at the opening night of the Associated Artists of Butler County faculty show at the Cranberry Township Municipal Center.
The exhibit runs through Nov. 9.
To build excitement for the show, Cranberry Patch featured a different local artist on the site each day leading up to the opening night. Patch also displayed “Poppy,” an original watercolor by Mary Alice Carmody-Diana at the event, where organizers later raffled it off.
More than $1,000 in cash prizes also were awarded to the artists courtesy of AABC and the Cranberry Township Community Chest.
Jason Woolslare, an art teacher at Seneca Valley Intermediate High School, was awarded best of show for his acrylic, BCH CYG.
Here are the other winning pieces:
Painting Category (Oil, Water Color, Acrylic)
- 1st Place: Bill Perry, Herefords
- 2nd Place: Rita Johnson, The Cyclist
- 3rd Place: Heidi Garwig, Water Galaxy
Drawings and Pastels Category
- 1rst Place: Carol Begley, Stoney #2
- 2nd Place: Carol Begley, Sunny Saturday on the Corner of 3rd
Mixed Media Category
- 1rst Place: Heather Hertel, Plume
- 2nd Place: Jason Woolslare, Blackbird
3D Sculpture, honorable mention for Noele Reynolds
Jewelry, honorable mention for Mary Mason