Another is here and, for the first time in a few weeks, it’s not a weekend.
But don’t you worry; there are still plenty of exciting events going on around the area.
Here’s a look at what’s happening this weekend.
1. Root for the Home Team -- The Seneca Valley will take on rival Shaler Area High School at the Seneca Valley Senior gymnasium. The game starts at 7:30 p.m.
Of course, don’t forget to log on to Cranberry Patch the following day for complete coverage of the game. Go Raiders!
2. Go Bowling, Wii-style -- Cranberry’s senior residents are invited to get their game on at the weekly held at the in the township municipal building on Rochester Road.
Wii bowling is held on weekdays. Work on your game, and then become a member of the Wii Bowling League of the senior centers in Butler County.
3. Learn to Snowshoe -- Travel a few miles out of Cranberry and hit up the Jennings Environmental Education Center in Slippery Rock this weekend.
, a national event in its 16th year, gives children and adults unfamiliar to snowshoeing and cross country skiing an opportunity to explore the sports free of charge. Registration is required. Call the center at 724-794-6011 for more information.
4. Take Out Your Sled -- One benefit of this weekend's snowy weather: there's lots of the white stuff, and it's perfect for taking a at s sled-riding hill. Good for kids or those who are kids at heart.
5. Appreciate Some Art -- Head to the from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday to enjoy works from the Allegheny Highlands Botanical Society. The experience will be enhanced with a woodwind performance by the North Hills Symphonic Orchestra. The is free and open to the public.