We have many exciting announcements today, plus more to come...
1. The memorial fund for Liam and Declan has raised $860 (so far) toward the leaves or rocks on the "Tree of Life" at the Park. Also, an anonymous donor has given the family a pool pass for the 2013 season.
At the family's request, we will also be purchasing a bench for the boys and any remaining money will go directly to the family. Ryan Wharton's project with his church mates and school mates is up and running. We will conclude this fund at the end of February.
Thank you to all who have donated thus far!
2. Chet Garland at Jackson Fish Co. has joined with Friends of the Park to raise funds for Liam and Declan. They are making a "To Go" or "Dine In" dinner at Jackson Fish Co. on Sunday Feb. 10 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Seating and pickup times will be on a reservation system.
All proceeds will go to the boy's memorial fund with FOTP. Please help them help others. Their goal is 200 dinners. Many food items have already been donated!
The menu will be: One whole herb roasted chicken, house salad with housemade balsamic vinaigrette, mac & cheese, red skin potatoes, brown sugar carrots and dessert The cost of this dinner for four will be $35 and will come with a letter for a tax deduction.
To reserve your dinner, please call Jackson Fish Co. at 724-473-0890.
3. Amphitheater GRAND Opening Party Planning! We are just starting the plans for this and we want YOU to become involved in this HUGE event.
This Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 7 p.m. at the home of our president, Mary Hess, we will be meeting to discuss this.
June 1 is the date and we have already booked the acoustic Clarks (the Infamous Dicks).
We are also going to have a craft beer fest, food, other bands and more at this all-day event. IF YOU want to help in the planning, please show up at Mary's. We need a lot of volunteers for this event.
(Directions: Traveling west, pass Shop N Save on Culvert St, turn right on Jefferson Street. It's the first house on the right)
4. FOTP Book Club will be starting!
We have many interested people. They are meeting for the first time at Barnes & Noble in Cranberry at 6:30 Wednesday, Feb. 6 in the coffee area. Beth Leseman is heading this up and always looking for more people. Next month, the meeting will be in Zelie.
Join in the fun!
5. GNO or GirlsNightOut is back after our holiday break.
We will be meeting at the Connoquenessing Valley Elementary lot to carpool to El Campesino's Mexican Restaurant. Mark your calendars for Friday, Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. If you cannot make the carpool, just join us there.
The husband of Irma (our FOTP empanada lady) manages this restaurant and, for those of you that haven't been there yet, YUM! Let's take a break for ourselves, ladies, and enjoy a night of friends, food and fun!
6. Zelienople Memorial Skate Park hosts Fish Fry Fridays again for seven weeks of fish dinners during lent from Feb. 15 until March 29 at the American Legion.
Dinner will be served from 4 to 8 p.m. for eat-in or carry out. Meals are $10 for adults and $6 for children. Large, hand-breaded, deep-fried cod, two sides, desert and a drink is included. There also are Chinese and 50/50 auctions.
To place a carry out order, call 724-831-4570.
Proceeds from this event will help complete the dream of Trevor’s to build a safe atmosphere for today’s youth.
Three young boy’s were lost that day on Jan. 26, 2010, Trevor Barkely, Sam Bucci and Elijah Lunsford. Since then, his parents have made it their mission to be Trevor’s voice “For the Dream” to complete Trevor’s senior project.
We also honor Geoff Gutzwiller as well in this project—a dear friend of mine!
7. The "Taste of Historic Zelienople-Harmony" date has changed to APRIL 1.
The ZH Chamber of Commerce invites you to join them Monday, April 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the American Legion to taste food and beverages from area restaurants and more.
The cost is $20 per person and includes auctions, entertainment and more.
For more info call Jen at the chamber at 724-452-5232