Veterans Day: What's Open, What's Closed
Some government offices will be closed in observance of Veterans Day on Monday. Here is a list of local openings and closings.
Veterans Day is a day the federal government sets aside—Nov. 11 of every year—to honor the service of all U.S. military veterans.
This year, Nov. 11 falls on a Sunday. Many offices and organizations will close Monday in observance of Veterans Day, while some will not.
- All federal and state government offices will be closed, as are banks and postal facilities.
- The Cranberry Public Library will be closed.
- There will be no school for students Monday, Nov. 12, although teachers will meet for professional development training.
- All PennDOT driver license and photo centers will be closed Saturday, Nov. 10 through Monday, Nov. 12. Customers may still obtain a variety of driver and vehicle products and services online through PennDOT’s Driver and Vehicle Services website, www.dmv.state.pa.us.
- The Port Authority's Downtown Service Center on Smithfield Street will be closed in observance of the holiday on Monday. The customer service phone line will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for rider assistance at 412-442-2000 / TTY 412-231-7007.
- Cranberry Township offices will be open as usual.
- Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA in Cranberry
- Port Authority service will follow regular weekday schedules on Monday, Nov. 12.
The annual Veterans Day parade in Downtown Pittsburgh will detour about 45 Port Authority bus routes on Saturday, Nov. 10. Detour information is available at www.portauthority.org.
There also will be a Veteran's Day parade at 10:40 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12 in downtown Butler.