If your commute takes you through Pearce Mill Road in Pine Township, plan on delays starting this week.
Crews from the Pennsylvania Drilling Co. will be conducting geotechnical research for a future slide repair between Route 910 and Brown Road.
Short-term single-lane closures on Pearce Mill Road begin Monday, weather permitting, PennDOT District 11 announced.
Single-lane alternating-use traffic will occur as needed on Pearce Mill Road from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Oct. 1.
A previous slide on Pearce Mill Road—north of Route 910—was repaired in 2011. The latest slide problem is on the portion of Pearce Mill south of Route 910, heading toward North Park.
Motorists should use caution and be aware of changing traffic patterns when driving through the area. Flag crews will control traffic as needed.
Visit 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions on major roadways before traveling.
See More on Patch
- Reminder: I-79 Ramps Project in Cranberry Causing Traffic Restrictions
- Ehrman Road Update: Traffic Signal Equipment Could Be Weeks Away
- Route 228 Ramps Project Breakdown: How the Construction Will Affect You
- Round-the-Clock Road Restrictions to Start Again on Warrendale Bayne Road Near Cranberry Border
- PennDOT Rolling Out Route 228 Ramps Project in Cranberry