Giant Eagle, which plans to open a discount version of its chain, Valu King, in early November is now looking to fill 100 positions for the new store in Ross Towne Center on McKnight Road.
Applicants can go to valu-king.com/careers.
Asked why the company is putting a store directly next to the competition, Dick Roberts of Roberts Communications said, “The time is right to bring that banner to Pittsburgh. It's a good location, and there aren’t many other desirable locations on McKnight Road."
Giant Eagle operates 7 Valu King stores, 4 in northeast Ohio, 2 in Erie and one in Johnstown.
Mixed in with store brands like Valu Time, Food Club and Top Care are limited-quantity closeouts, a meat counter and deli offerings and even a cheese counter.
See More on Patch
- Savings Alert: Giant Eagle Offers Double Fuelperks in Cranberry, Storewide
- Giant Eagle Stores Requiring Advantage Card for Self-Checkout Lanes
- Giant Eagle Slashing Prices on 3,000 Items
- Bolognese Sauce Products Sold at Market District Recalled for Undeclared Allergens, Misbranding
- Giant Eagle Stores in Cranberry, Seven Fields to Offer Port Authority ConnectCard Service