A Mars man charged stealing jewelry from a home Pine Township is in the Butler County Jail, where he faces 73 charges brought by police in Zelienople and Mars Borough.
Matthew Lohr, 29, is charged with felony counts of burglary, theft and receiving stolen property in the Pine incident, according to Northern Regional Police Chief T. Robert Amann.
Zelienople police charged Lohr with 58 felony counts of burglary, criminal trespassing and receiving stolen property, according to court documents. He is charged with stealing baseball cards and jewelery from a home on Emerson Drive in Zelienople on Aug. 30 in that incident.
Less than a week later, he attempted to sell two of the stolen cards at Baseball Card Castle in Cranberry, according to the criminal complaint filed by Zelienople police. He also sold jewlery taken from the home at the Cash For Gold in Shaler, the complaint said.
Mars police charged Lohr with three felony drug charges, 11 misdemeanor drug-related charges and one charge of recklessly endangering another person after police pulled over the car he was driving on June 8.
After a search of the car, police found two needles and five empty stamp bags used to package heroin, the criminal complaint filed by Mars police said. Lohr's girlfriend and baby daughter also were in the car with Lohr when police pulled him over, the complaint said.
In the Pine case, Lohr is charged with breaking into a home on Old State Road on Sept. 13 by climbing into a second-floor window using a ladder found in the yard and taking several pieces of jewelry, Amann said.
"Detective (Jeffrey) Hoffman worked with pawn shops and was able to recover some jewelry and get it back to the victim," Amann said.
Lohr is scheduled for an Oct. 10 preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge William K. Wagner.
In the Butler County cases, Lohr is scheduled to appear Oct. 9 for a preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Wayne D. Seibel.
See More on Patch
- Construction Worker Charged with Stealing More Than $10,000 in Jewelry from Cranberry Home Heading to Court
- Police Arrest Butler County Teen After Road Rage Stabbing Near Route 8
- Nearby: Police Use Surveillance Footage to Track Down Suspect in Richland Child-Luring Attempt
- Former Holy Sepulcher School Secretary Arraigned on Embezzlement Charges
- Police Use Craigslist to Nab Burglary Suspect
Most Popular articles
- Powerball Jackpot Reaches $600 Million for Saturday's Drawing
- Parents Sue Pittsburgh Zoo over Mauling Death of Their Son
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Cranberry
- 2013 Primary: Hezlep Defeats Gordon in Race for Cranberry Supervisor, Moves on to General Election
- Who's Hiring This Week in the Cranberry Area?