PennDOT is working hard to finish up several key projects as the road construction season winds down.
There are five areas where it will be slow going this weekend.
At the top of the list is the inbound Squirrel Hill tunnels which will be closed Friday night through Monday morning.
Intermittent, short-term single-lane and shoulder closures also will occur in several locations on I-79 and I-376 (Parkways East and West) from 6 a.m. to noon Saturday, weather permitting, according to PennDOT District 11.
The I-79 road work will occur in both directions between the Bridgeville (Exit 54) and Parkway West/Pittsburgh (Exit 59) interchanges, and the Parkway North (I-279 Exit 72) and Cranberry (Exit 76)
Click here to take you to our interactive map which shows which areas to avoid, along with links to suggested detour routes and more information about the individual projects.
See More on Patch
- Reminder: I-79 Ramps Project in Cranberry Causing Traffic Restrictions
- Traffic Alert: Work Set to Begin on Route 228 Bridge Replacement Project in Adams Township
- Route 228 Ramps Project Breakdown: How the Construction Will Affect You
- Round-the-Clock Road Restrictions to Start Again on Warrendale Bayne Road Near Cranberry Border
- PennDOT Rolling Out Route 228 Ramps Project in Cranberry