Attention, yoga (or just fashion) fans.
Lululemon athletica, a technical yoga and athletic women's and men's apparel store that got its start in 1998 in Vancouver, B.C., is now open at Ross Park Mall.
Patrons were greeted with scones and Naked Green Machine juice smoothies at the store's colorful grand opening Friday. Lululemon also has a store located in Shadyside.
Dennis "Chip" Wilson founded the retail shop in response to the increasing number of women participating in sports as well as his own belief in yoga as the optimal way to stay in shape as people grow older.
Lululemon athletica carries tops, bottoms, cover-ups, accessories and more, fit for those with an active lifestyle, according to the company's website. Men's athletic apparel also is available.
Lululemon is even hosting complimentary yoga classes at North Park. The first all-levels yoga session will be 9 a.m. Sunday at Rochester Pavilion, next to the boathouse, with food and live music.
Lululemon has its main factory in Vancouver, B.C. In 2004, production expanded outside Canada and currently takes place in factories in the United States, China, Israel, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Peru and Indonesia.
See More on Patch
- Grand Opening: Equilibrium Pittsburgh Offers Pilates, ‘Booty Barre’—And Fun
- Nearby: Big Changes Coming to JC Penney's in Ross Park Mall
- Nearby: Four New Stores Opening Soon at Ross Park Mall
- Ballet Barre Studio "The Dailey Method" Opening Soon in Area
- Nearby: North Park Lounge Owner Plans New Location on Southside, Delays Opening of North Hills Restaurant
Most Popular articles
- Can You Guess What’s Under Construction at This Site?
- Parents Sue Pittsburgh Zoo over Mauling Death of Their Son
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Cranberry
- Powerball Jackpot Reaches $600 Million for Saturday's Drawing
- 2013 Primary: Hezlep Defeats Gordon in Race for Cranberry Supervisor, Moves on to General Election