Halloween Roundup: Area Events and Trick or Treat Times
Here's what happening for the Halloween holiday.
Halloween is just around the corner, and there are plenty of fun events over the holiday weekend perfect for little ghosts, goblins and their adult friends.
- The Great Pumpkin 5K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run: This the second year for the race at St. Gregory School in Zelienople. The race starts at 6 p.m. on Friday. Last year's event raised $3,700 for the school. Registration for runners will be taken all the way up until race time on Friday.
- Spookapalooza: Come dressed in costume while special guest Witch Hazel spins Halloween stories. Spookapalooza is from noon to 2 p.m. at the Lions Shelter in Cranberry’s Community Park. There also will be a pumpkin hunt, crafts, games and refreshments. The event is for children ages 1 to 8. Pre-registration is required. The cost is $10 for residents and $13 for non-residents. Call 724-776-4806, ext. 1129, for more information.
- Evans City Halloween Parade: This year’s Halloween parade will start at 11 a.m in Evans City, rather than its usual evening start, because of safety concerns. Refreshments will be served at the Evans City Fire Station on North Jackson Street after the parade.
- Zelienople Halloween Parade: Ghosts, goblins and more will gather at 2 p.m. in Zelienople for the borough’s Halloween parade.
- Halloween Monsters Mash Bash (adults only):They’re ready to do the mash! The Monsters Mash Bash for those 21 and older will be from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Zelienople American Legion. Tickets are $30 and include entertainment, a buffet dinner and wine/beer/soft drinks. Only 200 tickets will be sold for this event, so partygoers are encouraged to get them early. A group purchasing 10 tickets may reserve a table. Prizes will be awarded for best costume. Visit the Friends of the Zelienople-Harmony Park website for more information.
- Cranberry Sunrise Rotary Zombie 5K and 1 Mile Candy Corn Family Fun Run and Walk: There are plenty of prizes to give away at this event at North Boundary Park. The 5K race will begin at 9 a.m. The 1 mile race will be at 10:15 a.m. Don’t forget to wear your costume to the event.
- Kids Monster Mash Bash:The youngsters get their own version of the adult party at this party from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Zelienople Community Park. Costumes are optional. The event includes a campfire for roasting marshmallows, activities, a haunted trail, food, hot chocolate and warm apple cider. The cost is $5 per person. All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Zelienople-Harmony Park. For more information, visit the group’s website.
- Party at the Historic Harmony Inn in Harmony: The Harmony Inn has long been rumored as haunted. Find out for yourself at the restaurant’s Halloween party. There will be prizes and giveaways for the best costume.
Trick or Treat Times
Trick or Treat times for Cranberry, Seven Fields, Adams and Zelienople are from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday. Evans City will have Trick or Treat from 6 to 7 p.m. Monday.