Cranberry saw a slight increase in violent crime from 2010 to 2011, according to the latest F.B.I. Uniform Crime reports. Burglaries decreased, but there also was an uptick in aggravated assault, property crime and motor vehicle theft.
In Zelienople, crime decreased or remained the same in all categories in 2011.
Zelienople, however—despite being smaller in population—had more violent crimes, including aggravated assault, than in Cranberry.
|Category||Cranberry (2011) pop. 28,188||Cranberry (2010) pop. 28,107||Zelienople (2011) pop. 3,824||Zelienople (2010) pop. 3,958|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||6||0||0||1|
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Can You Guess What’s Under Construction at This Site?
- Parents Sue Pittsburgh Zoo over Mauling Death of Their Son
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Cranberry
- 2013 Primary: Hezlep Defeats Gordon in Race for Cranberry Supervisor, Moves on to General Election
- Coach Dave Gray’s ‘Sports and Courts’ Indoor Complex Coming to Area