Drug Task Force Arrest Sweep Nets 16 in Cranberry
The operation took place Wednesday morning.
The Butler County District Attorney’s Drug Task Force conducted a sweep in Cranberry Township this morning that led to 16 arrests.
The operation, which began at 6 a.m., targeted drug dealers in and around the Cranberry Township area, according to a statement from Cranberry police.
The 16 defendants all are charged with possession of narcotics, possession with intent to deliver and delivery of narcotics.
The task force officers made undercover buys of heroin, cocaine, Oxycontin and LSD from the defendants during the sweep, according to police.
They were arraigned today before District Justice David Kovach in Cranberry. The defendants who received bonds were taken to the Butler County Prison, police said.
Those arrested and charged are:
- Eric Avondo, 44, of Mars
- John Martin, 45, of McCandless
- Thomas Wilson, 49, of Cranberry
- Elmer Goettel, 30, of Evans City
- Lindsay Sheffler, 30, of Pittsburgh
- Kristen Blume, 21 of Monaca
- Nicholas Drain, 19, of Mars
- Byron Hardy, 30 of Ambridge
- Patrick Carmichael, 28 of Cranberry
- Devin Finley, 22, of McCandless
- Bryan Haring, 26, of McCandless
- Michael Russi, 25 of Harmony
- Grant Etter, 25, of Zelienople
- Thomas Herdlick, 29, of Cranberry
- Austin Malone, 21, of Zelienople
The task force involved officers from Cranberry, Adams and Jackson townships and Zelienople borough. It also included agents from the Butler County Sheriff’s Office, Butler County Detectives, Butler County Probation and the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.