During the month of September, dog wardens will canvass homes throughout Butler County, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Here's how it affects you.
It’s the Law
All dogs three months or older must be licensed by Jan. 1 of each year.
The fee is $6.45 for each spayed or neutered dog and $8.45 for other dogs. Older adults and people with disabilities may purchase a license for $4.45 for spayed or neutered dogs and $6.45 for others.
Additionally, all dogs and non-feral cats three months of age and older must be vaccinated against rabies. Booster vaccinations must be administered periodically to maintain lifelong immunity.
Violators could be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation, plus court costs.
Purchase a License
Licenses may be purchased through the Butler County Treasurer’s Office, at the courthouse in Butler or at the following locations:
- Agway – 500 Evans City Rd., Butler
- Butler Humane Society – 1015 Evans City Rd., Renfrew
- Chicora Hardware – 1355 Chicora Rd., Chicora
- Cranberry Library – 2525 Rochester Rd., Cranberry
- Evans City Library – 204 S. Jackson St., Evans City
- Hockenberger Motors – 424 S. Main St., Zelienople
- Mars Library – 107 Grand Ave., Mars
- Pets in the Park – 256 Moraine Pointe Plaza, Butler
- Prospect Library – 357 Main St., Prospect
- Saxonburg Library – 240 W. Main St. Saxonburg
- Seven Fields Library – 2200 Garden Dr., Mars