Cranberry Girl Wins Audience Choice Award in Kean Quest's First Vocal Round
Twelve contestants move on to the semi-finalist round.
A 12-year-old Cranberry Township girl won the Audience Choice Award on Sunday at the first vocal round of the 2012 Kean Quest Talent Search.
Nicolina Marra performed Hurt, a Christina Aguilera hit, at the contest formerly known as Kean Idol. She is a seventh-grader at St. Gregory School in Zelienople who enjoys musical theater, basketball and playing the piano.
Marra performed with 22 acts in the first round of the fundraising competition, which continues through March 30. Based on scores from a panel of judges, Marra and 11 others in the vocal competition will move on to the semi-final competition March 18. The semi-finalists are:
- Ashlyn Beatrice, 8, New Brighton
- Cheyenne Cenk, 13, Franklin Park
- Kiersten Kelly, 16, Finley Township
- Julia Maletta, 9, Franklin Park
- Kenzie Palmer, 17, West Middlesex
- Hannah Roadway, 9, Scott Township
- Greta Schaltenbrand, 16, McCandless Township
- Delaney Schmidt, 13, McCandless Township
- Emily Smith, 15, Cranberry Township
- Shane Treloar, 10, North Fayette Township
- Tabitha White, 15, McCandless Township
The talent search performances are open to the public; tickets are $10 at the door.
The 2012 Kean Quest Talent Search benefits the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund, which in 2011 provided nearly $5.2 million to poor and low-income residents at St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas and The Arbors at St Barnabas.
Cranberry Patch encourages readers to submit information about happenings in the community. The information above was submitted by Shelli Sommariva and Megan Hoffman on behalf of St. Barnabas Health System. If you have news you'd like to share about your group or event, please email the information and photos to Editor Jessica Sinichak at email@example.com