Now that pothole season is on its way out (at least we hope), Cranberry is preparing for its 2013 paving program.
This year, the township will pave 8.43 miles of road at a cost of $1,238,000. The goal is to resurface all roads with a "C" grade, according to the township.
A "C" grade means the road has potholes, frequent patches and the rideability is below average, according to public works director Jason Dailey. Base issues also are evident on the street.
The cost to pave a one mile of road is about $98,903, a 4.6 percent increase over last year's cost of $94,520.
Cranberry is responsible for township roads. PennDOT is in charge of maintenance for state roads, including Route 228, Route 19 and Freedom Road.
Without further ado, here is this year's list.
- Bayberry Lane: From Glen Eden Road to St. Phillips Court
- Burke Road: from Peters Road to Lakevue Drive
- Chaparral Drive: From Farmington Road to Huntington Drive
- Commonwealth Drive: From Pennwood Place to the township line
- Dolores Circle: from McDonald Drive to the dead end
- Ehrman Road: From I-79 to Old Ehrman Road
- Ellen Drive: From Bayberry Lane to the dead end
- Graham School Road: From Rochester Road to Unionville Road
- Hillcrest Drive: From Glen Eden Road to Glenbrook Drive
- LaPorte Drive: From LaPorte Courte to Rolling Road
- Mars Road: From McElroy Road to Franklin Road
- McDonald Drive: from Katherine Drive to the dead end
- Meadowbook Drive: from Glenbrook Drive to the cul-de-sac
- Old Freedom Road: From Connector Street to Route 19
- St. Andrew’s Court: From Bayberry Lane to the cul-de-sac
- St. Phillips Court: From Bayberry Lane to the cul-de-sac
- Sun Valley Drive: From Rolling Road to Greenwood Drive
- Unionville Road: from Ogle View Road to Progress Avenue
- Waterford Court: From Ravenscroft Court to the cul-de-sac
- Graham Park Drive: From the entrance to the end of the road
Do you know of a Cranberry Township road that you think should be on this list? Tell us in the comments box below.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.